August 10, 2009

Yay! My Weekend Retreat Cardi is Done!

My Weekend Retreat Cardi

I am so thrilled to be done and have something for myself to wear!!! I really do love this flecked yarn. I noticed at the store last week that in addition to Black, it also comes in Coffee (brown), Claret (burgundy), Buff (beige), WhiteSpa (light) Blue and Frosty (light) Green. It's 100% acrylic so it wears well and washes nicely, and it's very affordable Red Heart yarn.

I found these cute buttons that have a woven look to them.

Close up of cute button

My youngest sister has requested a long-sleeved shrug for her birthday in this same yarn. Although I have a few good candidates, I am still looking for just the right pattern. I think one with a shawl collar would be nice. Can't wait to get started!

2 comments:

Sara said...

GORGEOUS!

jayaycee said...

I can't wait to wear it. It's still 111 degrees out there so will have to wait a few months.