|Assembling the ingredients|
|Sautéing the bacon and beef|
|Sautéing the carrot and onion|
|Braising the pearl onions|
|Sautéing the mushrooms|
|Boeuf Bourguignon over Rice|
- This is a dish to make when you have lots and lots of time.
- This is a dish to make for people you love more than anything or very, very special company.
- According to Julia, "...you can prepare it completely ahead, even a day in advance, and it only gains in flavor when reheated." I would definitely make this the day before company is being served.
- It is rich and satisfying -- I would classify it as comfort food.
- For being a home-cooked meal, it is not inexpensive to make. I think the ingredients ran around $25.