August 17, 2009

What's Cookin' - Caramel Peach Crunch

Caramel Peach Crunch


This is one of my favorite desserts that Mom made when I was growing up. I've made some minor revisions to the recipe over the years, but it is still a family favorite. Hubby is especially fond of this dish so I like to make Caramel Peach Crunch for "his" special days like Father's Day and his birthday.

Caramel Peach Crunch

Ingredients:

3 – 29 oz. cans sliced peaches, drained
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup uncooked rolled oats
1/2 cup butter, melted

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13"  baking dish or cake pan with cooking spray. Arrange peach slices in the dish. Mix together all dry ingredients, then add melted butter and blend well. Sprinkle the oats mixture over the peaches and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Serves 8-10, depending on how big you cut the pieces.

It’s great served warm with vanilla bean ice cream. Or refrigerate and eat cold for breakfast.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing! That looks DELICIOUS! I might have to remember this recipe next time I have peaches on hand!