August 7, 2009

Knitting Journal

I decided to use this blog as my online photo knitting journal. I actually keep a real paper journal with a page dedicated to each of my completed knitting projects. It includes photos, project descriptions, who I gave the item to and when, what yarn and/or pattern I used, etc. Sometimes I actually write out a pattern stitch; sometimes I just list the book in which I found the pattern. I always take photos of my completed projects, including close ups of details. Occasionally, the recipient will send me a photo of themselves wearing their gift and I'll include that, too.

It has been a wonderful record of my knitting progress as well as gifts given so I don't chance any repeats. It's also a great reference for patterns and pattern stitches.

My Knitting Journal

There is a tab at the top of this page next to Home that reads Completed Knitting Projects. If you click on that, you can see my photo knitting journal. I am still uploading photos, but am nearly done.

No comments: