April 4, 2010

Sunday Was a Fun Day!


My darling Hubby brought me this beautiful tulip plant for Easter Sunday. He said he made sure to buy one with the blooms still closed so I could enjoy them opening and it would last longer. He is such a keeper!

Listen to this menu ... cocktails of blended fresh strawberries, pineapple and vodka ... appetizers of guava jelly and brie wrapped in puff pastry along with mini baklava tarts ... dinner: cornish game hens wrapped in bacon, seasoned with lemon and rosemary ... twice baked potatoes with goat cheese ... fresh asparagus with béarnaise sauce ... and for dessert, cobbler with blueberries, raspberries and peaches ... oh, and vanilla ice cream. That was Easter dinner at Hubby's brother's house and it was amazing! Wish I had pictures to show you, but the only other thing I managed in addition to eating was knitting a few rows on a prayer shawl.

The Granddaughter spent the day with us so after we rolled home, stuffed to the gills, we curled up on the couch and watched "Mary Poppins." This day was practically perfect in every way!

And here are my tulips eight hours later ...


No comments: