April 16, 2010

Not So New Knitting

Seems like I've been working on the same knitting projects forever. Granted, I've been really focused on familiarizing myself with the Mac (which I am sooooo happy with) as well as Blogger since I recently switched from WordPress. They are surprisingly different, especially when it comes to Comments. Plus, when I uploaded my 182 WordPress posts, every picture that had a caption came into Blogger with the caption outside of the photo in HTML code. Drives me nuts and I will spend some time editing them all until they're fixed.


I am getting close to the end of a prayer shawl in Bernat Soft Bouclé in Misty Shades. This yarn is such a pleasure to work with. It's light and airy. This is the project that I take with me to Book Club and the doctor's office. It's a simple knit 3, purl 3 pattern on an odd number of stitches and I can knit away without really thinking about it.


I am to the point of assembly now on the Lion Brand Soft Rib Cardigan. Need to seam all the pieces together and pick up stitches for the shawl collar.




I am in love with the Knitted Neck Scarf pattern. I made another one in baby yarn - the same blue variegated yarn that became a rolled brim baby hat a few weeks ago. And I started one in the Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Silk in Pansy.




Using the same size 4 needles, I changed the pattern a little, only increasing to 20 stitches rather than 24 and doing the center neck portion in stockinette stitch rather than garter. The silk is a much finer yarn, too, so the width has reduced from 4" to about 3-1/4" before blocking. I'm almost to the halfway point.


I'm ready to start some new projects. Picked up a couple of skeins (or as Hubby calls them, skanks - always makes me laugh) of Vanna's Glamour in Onyx. It's black with metallic sparkle. I am dying to try a triangular shaped scarf and this yarn would make a pretty wrap to wear for a fancy evening going out. What I especially like about the triangular shawl is you can even wear it tied around your waist and it looks so cute!




I've recently received all the Spring issue knitting magazines I subscribe to and there are so many great projects ... and so few hours in the day to knit! I take Interweave Knits, Knit'n Style, Creative Knitting and Knit Simple, all great publications. The best thing about the Spring and Summer issues is that they're geared for warm weather, which is pretty much year 'round for us in Phoenix.




If I make anything for myself, it will be the Dynamic Cardi in Creative Knitting. They show it in mercerized cotton, which is great for our hot weather. Isn't it sweet?



2 comments:

VKT said...

Hi there! I found your blog indirectly through Friday Follow. I would be happy to become a follower if you will kindly return the favor. Have a great week-end!

Steph @ Steph Runs On said...

You have inspired me to get my needles out! I haven't knitted a thing in at least three years...I wonder where they are...Hmmm. I'm sure I'll be back with lots of questions!