April 6, 2010

My New Love

There's a new love in my life ... named Mac ... Mac Book. Hubby even bought it for me so he was fully aware that it was going to compete for his time and attention. (And he already thought I loved my phone more than him!)


I have always been a devout PC user. For years, I worked with graphics in different businesses, always on PC. I had friends who said that you weren't a real graphic designer unless you used Mac. And I resisted. Boy, did I resist.

But my old desktop has been really sluggish and, granted, I had about 8,000 photos on it along with video clips and programs. Hubby's desk is a few feet from mine in our home office and we both started the same Internet search at the same time. He was flying through it while my computer was yawning and scratching.We went to Best Buy over the weekend to look at laptops. We checked out Dell and Gateway and Toshiba and Asus. And they had some very nice ones for a pretty good price. I was starting to get excited.

Then the sales guy, who knew what he was doing, started talking about his Mac. Double the price but, supposedly longer lasting and great features. We meandered over to the Mac counter. You should have seen everybody lined up and drooling over the new iPad! When he showed us how iPhoto and iMovie work on the Mac, my eyes popped out of my head and Hubby knew it was all over.

So I am happily mobile -- moving from the kitchen counter to the breakfast nook and sitting right this minute on my couch typing away.

3 comments:

heavenisabookstore said...

I'm an avid MAC; former pc. I love mqc w all the features, but mostly bc it doesn't require all the security. On my list is a macbook too.

heavenisabookstore said...

You'll have to keep me posted on the iphoto. I'm not so sold on that program yet, but I have a special one with my canon that works great.

LifeRamblings said...

congrats on your new Macbook.