April 30, 2010

Honest Scrap Award and 10 Facts About Me

I received a lovely blog award from See Foxes?, the Honest Scrap award. Thanks, Foxes, I appreciate the honor! Here are the rules for this one ... I must share ten honest facts about myself and then pass it on to five other deserving bloggers. Here goes ...
  1. I love festivals, craft fairs and factory tours.
  2. I keep chunks of Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate in the freezer for my chocolate fix. When I really need a lift, I dip them right into the peanut butter jar.
  3. I love to bake and have a small collection of baker/bakery figurines.
  4. The best new thing I've done in the last year is join a book club.
  5. I have a reading addiction - there are books in every room in the house (and I mean every room), I have subscriptions to at least 8 magazines, I own over 200 cookbooks plus knitting and craft books.
  6. I love Christmas! The Granddaughter and I watch Christmas movies year 'round - drives Hubby nuts!
  7. I adore Yorkies - Miles and Louie are my 4th and 5th Yorkies over the past 31 years. They don't shed, they're fierce, don't know they're little, make great companions and watch dogs, eat very little and have tiny poop.
  8. I cannot stand lying and liars. When my kids were small and even thought about lying to me, it would send me right off the deep end.
  9. My passion for the last 3 or 4 years has been knitting, although anything creative stirs the juices - scrapbooking, beading, writing, photography, cooking.
  10. I am so fortunate to be married to the man of my dreams - 25 years in July! I believe the key to a good marriage is daily laughter and being best friends with your spouse.
I am happy to pass this award on to ...
The Little Round Table
One Love Mama
Texas Monkey
Heaven is a Bookstore
and look forward to reading your ten facts!


9 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Congratulations on your award.
I love Christmas too! Yorkies are wonderful, so are the Westies and Cairn Terriers. All are very similar in personality.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Thank you! I love peanut butter and chocolate, but for me? It has to be milk chocolate and MELTY!!! Odd, am I? Oh, and i adore christmas too!

Lori said...

I like Christmas movies all year round too! I also like the creative stuff - although I'm not great at it. But the one where we're most like is READING!! Books everywhere and I like it!

heavenisabookstore said...

THANKS!! I will post it this coming monday - lol. I am so with you on number 8.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your award and thank you for passing it my way!!

I would love to knit, but every time I've attempted I've failed miserably! Do you have any book or DVD suggestions that would help me?

Together We Save said...

Congrats on your award!!

Jackie said...

congrats on your award - and your upcoming 25th anniversary!!!! I love hearing stories of couples happily married for so long :)

VKT said...

Congratulations on your award. It was nice learning a little more about you. I am glad to know you like dark chocolate. The next time my students give me some, I am mailing it to you. I just don't like it even though they say its good for you...sigh

Great post!

heavenisabookstore said...

Hey I'm now following you. Uhm, not in the stalker-like way though, just your blog. :P