April 15, 2010

My Dream Job

Once upon a time we owned a gift shop and when we would receive shipments of plush toys - most often, Teddy Bears - I always thought I would love to have the job of naming them. Can you imagine?

I used to have a bunch but, due to weird looks from Hubby and yearning by the Granddaughter, I have pared them down to just a couple of small ones. These two are sitting on a step stool I tole painted in January 1999 when she was only 2. It says "Nana loves you best" and I miss her tiny little feet hopping up there to brush her teeth or reach for something on the kitchen counter. She carried it around the house with her, looking to be taller when something just out of reach would catch her eye.


 This one is named Honeyfitz and he's a Russ Berrie bear. I was always partial to Russ Berrie.


The other one is Carmichael from the Ty Attic Treasures Collection. We used to sell a lot of Beanie Babies and, let me tell you, there are loads of crazed collectors out there!


Another one I kept, long before I started knitting again, is Woolo, a lamb by Russ Berrie. I tend to favor the really soft, fuzzy critters and he is incredibly soft - and just look at that sweet face ...


I love the idea of this work day ... roll into work, make a cup of coffee or tea, sit at my desk and contemplate a stuffed animal. Study its features, color, softness, embellishments ... talk to it, cuddle with it, take a little nap with it, try out a few names until just the perfect one pops into my head. Whew! I need a break!!!

This particular dream job has been a recurring theme for me over the years. What would yours be?

3 comments:

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

That does sound like a great job! I don't really know what my dream job would be. Massage tester, maybe? :)

Messy Mommy said...

wow that's quite interesting! my dream job would be for someone to pay me to stay home with my kids! working on a cruise ship would be fun!

Steph @ Steph Runs On said...

That sounds like it would be fun, but I know I'm under qualified. My son's stuffed dog is named "puppy dog" and his teddy bear is "little bear."

My dream job would be kitchen gadget tester, I love them all so much!