February 13, 2011

Saturday Project and Cheap Meat

When we got our big screen TV for the family room a year ago, we moved the 32" flat screen onto our bedroom dresser. The only problem with that is there is no cable connection near the dresser. We have had an old TV/VCR/DVD combo on a wall-mount in the bedroom and Hubby finally decided he was ready to switch them out. He ordered a flat screen wall-mount on-line and this was his Honey Do project yesterday. I was the lovely assistant and photographer. =D Here's the old TV and wall-mount as he was preparing to take it down ...


Hubby made a cardboard cut-out of the new TV so we could see how it fit and decide where to place it ...


Here's the new wall-mount and the flat screen face down on the bed with the mounting brackets on the back ...


The old and the new wall-mounts on the wall. Yikes, look at the dust on the old one. In my defense, you couldn't even get a feather duster under that TV -- not that I ever tried ...


And other than figuring out how to hide those wires, we're ready to watch ... okay, what are we watching???


I love that we can tilt the TV up or down, turn it toward the left or right, or simply push it back flat against the wall ...


So do you ever check out the manager's specials in the meat department at your grocery store? I was at Albertsons last week and whipped through the meat department to grab some chicken thighs when I saw a clearance rack full of already seasoned racks of baby back ribs. The original price on a rack of ribs was around $25.00 and they were marked down to around $5.00 each. Then they had made them buy one, get one free. No kidding. I got two racks of ribs, ready to bake, for just over $5.00. An hour and 15 minutes in the oven and ...


This is four meaty, juicy, flavorful ribs on my plate with a pile of salad. What a fantastic dinner and I still can't get over the price. Even the butcher that came out and talked to me said he was going to take a stack of ribs home and put them in the freezer. I think I'm going to be checking the manager's specials a lot more often!

4 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That looks wonderful on the wall. What a nice improvement. Your meal looks pretty tasty too! Have a Happy Valentine's Day.

Tightwad Mom said...

Hooray for the new TV! There is nothing better than watching television in bed! Great job on scoring cheap meat....especially ribs!!! Clearance meat is the bomb.

Baby Sister said...

Big TVs are so nice. :) Yay for that, and super yay for good deals on meat!! My mom went to get some meat for dinner and they had a special with the meat and a few other things to go with it...like corn and I don't remember what. Anyway, the package ended up costing less than it would have to just buy the meat. Deals are great!!

Elizabeth @ Southern Comfort said...

John and I love ribs. He makes the best, now if we could just find some at the price of yours! I've been asking John to put our tv on a stand for a while now, but it's hard to convince him. I'm sure you're loving how much slimmer it looks :)