February 26, 2011

Chestnut Hill in the House

Woo hoo! I just love getting new furniture. It's so exciting. Out of the two dining table sets we had picked out, we decided on one called Chestnut Hill. It came with 2 arm chairs and 4 side chairs and we ordered 2 additional side chairs so we can comfortably seat 8 of us. In the photos, we have one of the leaves in and yet another that we'll store until we need it. With both leaves in, the table extends to 8 feet long. And now I'm thinking I should sew a couple of table runners. Oh boy, a new project to tackle!


The pretty details on the table and chair legs look great with the antique buffet and china cabinet we already have ...


The furniture was delivered yesterday morning and I picked up a can of Scotch Gard to treat the fabric in the afternoon. Okay, we're officially ready for the holidays.


9 comments:

heavenisabookstore said...

That's probably the fastest jump on the holidays I ever heard of!! They;re beautiful. I love dark wood.

Dazee Dreamer said...

I sure hope you are talking about the easter holiday. But I digress.

It looks awesome. You went with my choice. :) Glad I finally talked you into it.

jayayceeblog said...

Yeah, Easter ... that's what I meant. =D

Tightwad Mom said...

Two thumbs up on your choice of table and chairs!!!! I love them!
P.S. I knew you were a kindred spirit! I have the exact same antique china hutch (it was Dear Hubby's grandmothers). It's one of my treasures!

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on the beautiful new furniture. I just bought a new couch, chair, and coffee table for my family room. There must be something in the air!

Only Prettier said...

such pretty stuff...yall did good!

Pepsi Breath said...

Beautiful addition! New and old blend so well together. Really like the contrast of the dark wood with your warm walls and floor.

We have been looking for the perfect coffee table for a YEAR and finally found it last Sunday at Target.....ON SALE! Hooray! Yep, something's in the air.

Loren said...

Ohhhh I LOVE IT!! Looks so nice and I can only imagine all the fun and joy you will have surrounded by your precious family as you gather together!! Can't wait to see the table runners you make :)

Baby Sister said...

I love it!! It looks so great!!