November 22, 2010

What's Cookin' - Chicken and White Bean Chili

Don't you just hate it when there's a line for the bathroom?


I posted my so-called recipe for Cheater Chicken Soup recently. Now I'm going to share with you the link for the best from scratch Chicken and White Bean Chili from Epicurious.com. No kidding, this recipe is so worth the little bit of trouble it takes to put it all together. And you can still have dinner on the table in about an hour.

The one thing I have found after making this a number of times is that you really don't need to reserve the juice from the beans and add a little at a time as instructed in the recipe. I just dump in both cans of beans and juice all at once. Believe me, it still thickens up nicely and tastes perfect. And the boneless, skinless chicken thighs are so juicy! Although I'm thinkin' that a few cups of cubed leftover turkey would be extremely delicious as a substitute, especially since I have a 21-pounder ready to roast.


We like to serve it with Tostito's Baked Scoops. Oh. Em. Gee. It is sooooooo good! It makes a pretty good sized pot of chili and the leftovers just get better and better.

11 comments:

heavenisabookstore said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I laughed so hard at the dog waiting in line comment! Thanks.

Baby Sister said...

That picture, was classic. That recipe, looks amazing!! Thanks!! :D

Dazee Dreamer said...

ok, that looks so good and I'm starving.

4 Lettre Words said...

I saved that soup recipe and I'm saving this one, too! Yum.

Those furry bums are too cute!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ooo I LOVE chili!!

Kathleen said...

Thanks for the chili recipe. I'll be giving this one a try now that the weather is getting cold here.

Tiffanee said...

That soup looks delish, especially on this cold, dreary day!! Love the dogs..what a priceless picture.

Snowcatcher said...

Do you know your picture and caption made this one one of the best photos I've seen today! And oh, how hungry that yummy chili makes me!!!

Loren said...

Oh. em. geeee! You are stinkin funnee!! That picture is the best!!!

Your soup sounds soo yummy! We got our trip cancelled by football playoffs sooooo I have no idea what to make....I just might be making your soup :)

Happy Monday

Loren said...

I forgot to tell you! I did a tutorial on the blankets you asked about so when you come for a visit I think I did the post last Thursday !?!?

Liz Mays said...

Not only does the recipe look good, but those are my favorite kind of crocks to eat soups and stews from!