November 19, 2010

Dog Baths and Cheeseburger Pie

Because Miles and Louie are small, we're able to give them baths in the kitchen sink. They never like it while it's happening, but they are so happy when it's over. They feel great, they know they're cute because we all oooh and aaah over them, and they get a treat after they're brushed. And, of course, it doesn't matter how fast I am with the towel, somebody always shakes and sprays the window.


Well, now that we're all nice and clean, I have two words for you ... Cheeseburger Pie. This is the good old Betty Crocker recipe made with Bisquick that has been around forever and a day and it is one of our family favorites. Hubby has a love/hate relationship with this dish because he always has to have just one more piece. And then just one more piece. You see where this is going.

Here's the link for the recipe -- Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie -- and a few pictures of the process ...


So have a nice bath and brushing, then a piece of cheeseburger pie ... you'll like it!

13 comments:

Rebekka Seale said...

Cheeseburger pie!?

That sounds AWESOME!!!

Baby Sister said...

I actually have the recipe and am just waiting for the day when I can try it Thanks for the reminder. :)

I love the mohawk on the puppy. :) They look so cute!!

Joann Mannix said...

Oh my gosh! I haven't had cheeseburger pie in ages! I love that stuff!

Those pics of the pups are so fantastic! My babies turned one yesterday. They might be the size of small horses, but they're still such babies. They're afraid of the tiny kitten who lives next door to us!

Liz Mays said...

I have a feeling there was quite a bit of laughter going on over there while you were taking those doggy bath photos! I was laughing over here, that's for sure!

I haven't made that cheeseburger pie in a long time. It sure looks good. I need to make it again!

Kathleen said...

It is finally supposed to be cold and rainy here in California tonight. Cheeseburger Pie sounds like a good comfort food dinner for a cold night. P.S. your puppies look adorable getting their baths!

Dazee Dreamer said...

Loved the mohawk and the towel wrapped dog. toooo cute.

Loren said...

Ok THEY ARE JUST THE MOST ADORABLE PUPS EVER!! Love the towel pics...precious!

Cheeseburger pie! Sounds like a hearty meal. I will have to try it!

Have a blessed weekend

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I want to make that. I didn't know they had Heart Smart Bisquick! It look yummy.

Okay those pictures are adorable.
My daughter is giving the dogs baths right now as I type this.

kayembee said...

The puppy pics would make a GREAT 12-month calendar...or a children's book! :)

4 Lettre Words said...

Such a yummy post! LOVE those names. (I'm a HUGE fan of Mr. Armstrong.) :)

Unknown said...

Cheeseburger pie! Yum!!! I love to bathe my doggies in the sink too, sure saves the back - but if I do it it must be while hubs is gone - he would flip if he saw me doing it, lol. Probably due to his job - he sells cleaning chemicals to food plants and makes sure they meet health codes - this equals me not being allowed to sit on my counter or bathe dogs in the sink, sigh.

heavenisabookstore said...

Yummy! I haven't EATEN cheeseburger pie in forever. It sounds simply delicious. Bummer I missed it.

Tiffanee said...

I always love it right after I give my dog a bath. He is so soft. Yours are adorable!! Love the mohawk!! This pie sounds perfect for my cheeseburger loving family!!