November 29, 2010

Everyone Should Have a Red Sweater

The shagamuffins went to the groomer recently and got nekkid. I know they look pretty, but let me tell you how much they don't like being brushed. They went from this ...


To this ...


And even though those fancy blue bandanas rock, it's on the chilly side now so we got out the old red sweaters that I bought at Petsmart years ago ...


The Granddaughter thinks they need earmuffs too ...


They seem to enjoy their sweaters -- Miles headed right outside. The sun may be shining, but the air is brisk. Geez, those sweaters are looking ratty. Guess I better knit up something new for them.


Then he soaked up a little sunshine on the doormat ...


Louie cruised the yard making sure everything was cool. This rock looks fine -- check!


I don't know what this is, but it probably needs to go into the trash can ...


Here he's thinking, "I'd love to shoot a few hoops, but the ball is just too darn big" ...


The citrus trees are looking good -- I see some fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice in the future ...


Uh oh, looks like we have a dead oleander to pull. Louie, go back in the house and quit showing the work that needs to be done ...


As it turns out, he was so exhausted from patrolling the perimeter, he dragged a blanket onto the floor, collapsed and took a little nap ...


But their favorite thing to do is pal around together like best buds do ...


The End!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so cute in thier sweaters!

I wanted to tell you - I made your Cranberry Chutney for Turkey day and it was a HUGE hit! Thanks for the inspiration!

Loren said...

They are absolutely adorable!! Love their red sweaters :)
They are in the Christmas mood now!!

Baby Sister said...

My goodness they are naked!! But they do look cute in the sweaters. :)

Liz Mays said...

They look like two different sets of pups! Love the red sweaters..festive friends you have!

Elizabeth @ Southern Comfort said...

These handsome fellas are so cute! I could follow them around all day :)
So glad they have such a talented momma to make them new sweaters, lucky boys. :)

jayayceeblog said...

@ Angie - I'm so glad everyone liked the chutney. It's just so good. I keep making turkey sandwiches on dinner rolls slathered with it. Yum!

Cascia Talbert said...

Your puppies look so cute in their sweaters!

Anonymous said...

I'll be honest...I've never really liked dogs but your's are adorable!!!

Dazee Dreamer said...

let me mention the jealousy that is flowing out of my body at the sunshine and citrus trees and green, green grass, as I look outside my window here at work at a foot of snow. :(

AiringMyLaundry said...

I am digging their red sweaters.

Tightwad Mom said...

He!He!He! Your puppies look very dapper in their sweaters! It's a good thing you have someone to keep you on task! I think they must be the best dressed doggies in the neighborhood.

4 Lettre Words said...

I totally agree! Love those sort cuts, too!