November 23, 2010

A Girl Who Loves Horses

The Granddaughter has always had a thing for horses. When she was a baby, we lived in a wonderful neighborhood in Denver that had a terrific greenbelt, a pond with ducks and a beaver, and a stable with horses. Through every season, I took her for daily walks in her stroller and we'd spend time visiting with the horses.

She has a large old metal popcorn tin filled to the brim with My Pretty Ponies and Barbie horses and such. In fact, I popped into her room last week and found a herd of teeny, tiny horses out that she had been playing with. *sigh* She's a teenager, but I love that she still does things like this.

For her 14th birthday a few weeks ago, she was given the gift of a few horseback riding lessons by her Auntie and the Auntie's boyfriend. Happy doesn't even begin to describe it ...


A girl who loves horses, riding off into the sunset. =D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is do cool. My 8 year old granddaughter has loved horses all her life.

Loren said...

Oh gosh! How wonderful for her! She sounds like my Jenna! She was a horse lover as well and took lessons for a few years. Then soccer, basketball and school took over! Even though she is 18 I find her up in her room coloring :) LOL It is precious!

Baby Sister said...

That is so awesome!! Lucky her!!

I'm allergic to horses, but I still love to ride them when given the opportunity.

Tightwad Mom said...

Seems like the perfect gift for your sweet grand daughter. She will remember those lessons forever!

Kathleen said...

What a wonderful gift for a girl who loves horses!