November 2, 2010

Christmas Knitting and Other Stuff

"I hate it when my balls get caught in my slippers!"

Yes, I actually said that this morning and, as usual, Hubby just gave me a look and rolled his eyes. Because I was talking about these slippers ...


With the pom-poms on top and sometimes when I take them off, one of those pesky pom-poms will flop down inside the slipper and get caught so I can't just slip them on ...


I had a pair of these slippers in cheetah print a few years ago and wore them out until all that was left were the pom-poms. The Granddaughter and I cut the pom-poms off and pinned them to Hubby's slippers on top, then left them for him to find. Wish I had a picture, but I can tell you we all laughed ourselves silly at his "man slippers" with the cheetah balls on top. Ahhhh, good times!

I've been doing a little sewing and embroidery lately. YD requested some elasticized reversible headbands that she can pin a fabric rose on. I made up a pattern -- here is my first attempt -- but she thinks it's too wide so I'll revamp it and make another ...


I also made a cute teacup pincushion for my mom as a teeny tiny thank you for the embroidery machine she sent me this summer. Better late than never. Front ...


Back ...


The Granddaughter saw this and requested one with her name embroidered on it instead of the teacup. She'd like to hang it in her room or on her door. Love the idea. Wouldn't these be cute for doorknob hangers to remind people that a baby is sleeping behind that door?

And I've been knitting up a storm. I just realized that we are less than 8 weeks from Christmas so it's time to go full speed ahead on gifts. Here's a sneak peek ...


YD has been spending some time in a nearby town where it gets much colder than Phoenix so I made her a hat with sunflower buttons ...


I modified the original pattern to make an overlapping button band ...


Here's the top view ...


If you haven't entered my giveaway for a $65.00 CSNStores.com Gift Certificate, click here now. The contest ends Sunday night and the winner will be doing some shopping next week!

9 comments:

Baby Sister said...

You are so stinking talented!! It amazes me every time I see your blog. I'll look into it...if I can find something I want then I might enter...

Liz Mays said...

You can do all kinds of things! I would so wear that kind of headband! Very cute!

I'm a slippers girl so I like your pom pom style!

Kathleen said...

Your wonderful handiwork is inspirational. I'm hoping to do some crafty things as the weather gets colder here and my job slows down a bit going into the holidays (I hope).

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the balls getting stuck

I love that hat! Awesome!!

Tightwad Mom said...

You are so very talented! I would love to be able to knit like you! BTW I love your slippers(balls and all)!

heavenisabookstore said...

You are SO talented!!! I love the brown hat with the sunflowers and the headbands, you should sell on etsy.

Loren said...

You crack me up !!! I can only imagine the look on your hubbies face!! LOLOLOL

I would hate to get my balls hung up too ;)

Now for the serious part...ahem. YOU AMAZE ME WITH YOUR TALENTS!!!! can you say JEALOUS??? Seriously,
what a gift you have and what a blessing you are to share your gift with those you love! I know they adore these and wear them with such pride!

BIG HUGS to you today

Unknown said...

Love all of your creations! The headband and hat esp! Your slippers made me laugh, I used to have some much luck boots whose pom poms always fell into them and were so annoying, lol.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You have been making some beauitful things. Christmas is coming up so quickly. I can't wear slippers, my feet get too hot!