October 28, 2010

What Has Blue Done For Me Lately?


About a week ago, I got in a snit about the blue stuff I've ordered recently that has been backordered. Here's the update ...

After I canceled my camera order with RitzCamera.com and placed it instead with 17th Street Photo through Amazon, I received it within a week. And when I emailed them asking for tracking information, they responded right away. Giant smoochy kudos to 17th Street Photo. And one more thing -- when I purchased the pink camera from Target originally, it came to $153 with tax. When I ordered the exact same camera through 17th Street Photo, I paid $118.00, no tax or shipping, so I saved $35. I adore my little blue Nikon Coolpix S3000 ...


Now, about the blue casserole dish I ordered through CSNStores.com. Once I got over the disappointment of not getting the Le Creuset dish that I wanted (because I was not willing to wait until December or later to get it), I worked with a truly wonderful customer service agent named Aubrey at CSNStores, who helped me change my order to the Emile Henry casserole dishes instead. They also arrived within a week. The total on the order was $71.90 and I had a $60 gift card (that I won through One Crazy Cookie), so I paid $11.90.

These dishes are gorgeous -- heavy and beautifully made.


And even though they're not Le Creuset, they're handmade in France. Check out the stamp on the bottom of the dish ...


There is French on the labels -- poterie culinaire -- which makes me feel like a better cook and I haven't even used them yet. Magnifique!


And best of all, I've been contacted by CSNStores.com to offer a giveaway. Stay tuned, because as soon as I receive the details on how this works, you will have the chance to receive your own lovely things, blue or not, from CSNStores.

7 comments:

Baby Sister said...

I was contacted by them too!! :)

Pretty blue stuff. :) I'm jealous of the camera...

Elizabeth @ Southern Comfort said...

Yay for blue! Triple Yay for giveaways! :) I can't wait.. I'll be sitting by waiting for details :)

Tightwad Mom said...

Woo! Hoo!for fabulous deals! I am smitten (okay, lusting after) by your beautiful blue pans! They would look lovely with my pretty blue pot!

Snowcatcher said...

Nothing like sprucing up your kitchen repoirte with a touch of France!!!

Your new Nikon is the same color as my ipod!!! We match!!!

Kathleen said...

I need a new camera and have been thinking about the Coolpix!

Unknown said...

LOL! You are a riot! I'm glad you got your blue camera (finally) and saved money! Love your dishes and I'm sure they will make you a better cook, lol.

Loren said...

Oh hip hip hooray :) That is wonderful news! Mom & I were having lunch today & talking about how much we both just adore you and sharing about your blue dilemnas! I will have to catch her up on this :)

Sooo happy it has all worked out & look forward to your giveaway :)