October 2, 2010

Visiting Mystic, Connecticut

We spent some time in Mystic, Connecticut, on our recent New England vacation, starting at B.F. Clyde's Cider Mill. Especially coming from the desert and the land of palm trees, this was such a treat and really gave us the feeling of experiencing Autumn ...

Don't you just want to HUG this building???
Processing the apples for cider
Nice jugs!
Cider running wild and free ... it smelled great
Cider making equipment
Caught somebody's kid about to become an apple hoodlum
Doesn't this porch just beckon? Take a load off, stay awhile!

The whole place was fairytale cute
*sigh*
Then it was off to Mystic Pizza to have lunch. That's right, Mystic Pizza of Julia Roberts movie fame and, BTW, the pizza was really good ...


And, finally, there just happened to be a regatta in progress on the river ...


Our day in Mystic was perfect. A little Fall, apple cider, pizza, fresh air and sunshine. These signs from the cider mill just make me smile ...



13 comments:

Tightwad Mom said...

You are really making me want to move back East! I love the cider and I am totally jealous you ate at Mystic Pizza! That is in my top five favorite movies of all time!

Dazee Dreamer said...

Honestly, you are killing me here. Everytime you posts some pics from you vacation, I want to go there. errrrrr

heavenisabookstore said...

OMG it smelled so good in there and I loved sitting on the dock watching the crew peeps!

Unknown said...

So much to see! I can imagine the smell in that cider place was heavenly! Mystic Pizza, you ate there? I wish I had remember it was in Connecticut when we traveled through last year, dang! How cool!!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

What an amazing place to visit on vacation! Just beautiful!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

It sure is a nice time of year here in Connecticut. You captured it well.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Awesome pictures. What fun to visit Mystic Pizza! The apple place looks like it was a fun time too. I would so much like to visit there.

Baby Sister said...

Oh wow I just drolled. That cider place is so much fun!! And it looks amazing!! As well as the pizza...nummy!!

Anonymous said...

I want to go with you next time! It looks delightful!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

the cider place looks wonderful, I would LOVE to sit on that porch and just take in the smell.

OMGosh I would LOVE to go to Mystic Pizza, on of my 80's must have movie collection :). Thanks for the story too I loved reading it. I don't think I've seen their frozen pizza I'll have to look :)

Love the last photo

Anonymous said...

so how was the pizza??

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

How wonderful! Your photos are great, it looks like a terrific place to be, and I'm sure you had a fun time!!

Snowcatcher said...

I could almost smell the cider brewing from your photos. I'd never seen Mystic Pizza, so it was really fun to read about it. Now I have to go rent it. I think that's the fourth or fifth time you've done that to me!

Ha ha, my WV is pinholes!!! Makes me think of what is it, Sparky and the Gang???