October 7, 2010

Oh Happy Day

Do you ever have a day where you just feel happy? Not for any particular reason ... just happy in general? Especially when there are probably all kinds of reasons not to feel happy -- like needing to lose weight before the holidays so I can gain it all right back again, needing to prepare a battle plan to wage war on the growing population of dust bunnies taking over our house, all the dingleberry drivers out there who cannot seem to execute a double turn lane without creeping over into my lane and making my heart race.

How about a few lyrics from Christina Aguilera's song "Beautiful" ...

'cause we are beautiful no matter what they say
Yes, words won't bring us down, oh no
We are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring us down
Don't you bring me down today

Here are a few reasons to be happy in my world ...


It is absolutely 100% certified gorgeous outside today. Glorious, warm but cool, perfect! Do you see where it says it is currently 76 degrees and it -- this is the part that cracks me up -- Feels Like: 76 degrees! Hey, who'd have guessed? Although I suppose it could have felt like 75 or 77 degrees.

Enjoying Fall with all its trappings by going to the Pumpkin & Chili Party last weekend at


Where we wandered through the straw bale maze ...


Drove the country road rally course in people powered cars -- that's right, we had to pedal!!!


And enjoyed pumpkins in one form ...


and another ...


Making Rice Krispies Treats with the Granddaughter and her friend after school yesterday ...


And, oh happy day, I'm finished, finito, done. I have turned this ...


into this ...


It still needs to be blocked to open up the lace stitches and I did modify the pattern to take the neckline up a little higher and add a 6th button. But my Dynamic Cardi is done ... off the needles ... which is the best reason of all to be happy. Woo hoo!

Sending happy vibes your way because I have plenty to share. =D


10 comments:

AiringMyLaundry said...

I LOVE Rice Krispy Treats. So good.

And I love what you made. Very pretty.

Baby Sister said...

I love happy days like that. They're the best. :) And I love when the weather is just perfect. It makes for warm, fuzzy feelings.

Your trip looks like a blast!!

Yay for happy days!! :D

Anonymous said...

gorgeous sweater!

heavenisabookstore said...

Hello - rice krispie treats! Yum! And the sweater is gorgeous!

Tightwad Mom said...

Life IS great,isn't it!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Nothing like perfect weather. The pumkin & chili party looks like it was fun. What an awesome job you did on your knitting project. It's so cute.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Perfect weather always makes me smile. That sweater dress is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I needed those happy vibes! :0) I'm having one of those not so good days so your bit of sunshine helped me tremendously! :0)

Baby Sister said...

P.S. I love your new header. :) And your cardi as well. I meant to say it before, but I forgot. :)

Loren said...

Oh my.....you did awesome!!! Seriously! that sweater is darling! I am with you on the weather! We have had much cooler temps and it just makes everyone happy! We watch this comedian and he does some hilarious jokes about that very thing....the temp being this and it "feels like" this! OH my...just thinking of it is cracking me up! maybe one day I will do a friday funny on it :0)

So glad you had a great and happy day!

love and hugs!