October 22, 2009

Knitted Jackets

If I could knit 24 hours a day, there would never be enough time to make all the beautiful things on my list. I just treated myself to a new book -- "Knitted Jackets: 20 Designs from Classic to Contemporary" by Cheryl Oberle. (The cover design is called the Bloomsbury Jacket.)

knitted jackets

Even though we live in a warm weather area, there are still a few months in the year when we can wear a jacket comfortably and not look like goobers. There are some gorgeous patterns to choose from in this book. Here are my four faves, starting with the Box Top. Just look at the texture!

box top
box top
The Three Sisters is not only comfortable and classy looking, but especially fitting since I have two amazing sisters.

three sisters
three sisters
Dakota on the Side just looks so cozy and has a little bit of southwestern flair.

dakota on the side
dakota on the side
I love a cute shrug and this ivory Leaves jacket has that feel. The lacy leaf pattern is gorgeous!

ivory leaves
ivory leaves
I already have so many things going on the needles right now, it will probably be next year before I can even think of starting one of these. But I can dream ...



7 comments:

Karen said...

Nice, nice jackets. You could knit any one of them and look fabulous! Yes, I have a long list of projects lined up as well. But it's all good!

Kelli said...

The design on "Three Sisters" looks like Celtic knotwork. You have good taste.

jayaycee said...

Of course, there are even more beauties in the book to make. Someday ...

jayaycee said...

Thanks! I think it's just gorgeous! It is on my To Do list.

Sara said...

See.....we all love Celtic knotwork. I really have to dig deeper into our family tree and find our Scottish connection. I'm sure it exists! I bet it's on Dad's side (wink, wink).

jayaycee said...

I do love the Celtic look but haven't knitted any yet. Haven't done much with cables but plan to.

Ali said...

Such a lovely pictures ...


Reflective Motorcycle Vests