October 14, 2009

In celebration of a new shower curtain

bathroom 2




bathroom 1



This is what my life has become. I have been reduced to taking pictures of our bathroom. We have finished painting the guest bathroom (Spice Cake) and bought a new shower curtain and rod. And, it looks pretty snazzy, if I do say so myself ... and you know I do.

Hubby was excited about getting one of those circular shower rods that extends the shower curtain outside of the tub at the top, giving you a lot more elbow room. Once he installed it and we hung the new curtain, we both stepped into the tub, closed the curtain and just giggled. Then our youngest daughter and granddaughter came over, went in to see it and did the same thing. Maybe we should charge admission. It really is great to have the extra room while showering.

We are going to be replacing the white floor tile as well. You can see our sample in the corner by the tub. There's a lot of gold in it. Looks very pretty and we're planning to have everything done before Thanksgiving when company comes to visit from Denver.

The bathroom looks so nice -- all fresh and new and kinda elegant for a bathroom -- that I thought maybe we should call it The Royal Bathroom. Then I read in one of my favorite blogs (http://4badbill.wordpress.com) that they had a bathroom in Scotland they called The Royal Flush ... for entirely different reasons, but still. Is this synchronicity or would that be sink-chronicity?

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Wow - it's gorgeous! I'm impressed. I can't wait to visit with my sis' again so we can stand in the shower and giggle, too! : )

jayaycee said...

I can't wait, too. Sounds like a photo op!!!

Karen said...

Have a look at the curtains behind the photograph of my sweetie husband in my blog: Clergy-Type Nose-Rings. Don't you think they look like your shower curtains. Things are getting spooky!

jayaycee said...

Now that is bizarre! I love it!!!