October 30, 2009

The Future Looks Cold

We celebrated The Granddaughter's 13th birthday a few nights ago with dinner and gifts. She requested dinner out at a Mexican food restaurant, which was way too delicious and a lot of fun.

While we're sitting around chatting -- and I'm not even sure how we got to this point in the conversation -- Youngest Daughter says to me something like, "If you're mean to me, when you're old I'll stick you in a home surrounded by snow." Well, of course, everyone is horrified (and laughing) because they all know how much I dislike living in the cold and snow. I was born in a cold weather area, grew up in cold weather areas and have lived as an adult in numerous cold weather areas. This is why I have now chosen to live in Phoenix, where cold is in the 60s.

Hubby turns to me and says, "Better get some long underwear, girlfriend, 'cause I know you're gonna be mean!"

*sigh* Sadly, he's right. The older I get, the crankier I get. Better learn how to knit socks!!!

And then while we were opening presents, my cheap bastard frugality got a good laugh, too. In the garage, I have a bookshelf full of gift bags that we use over and over and over and over. You get the idea. So granddaughter pulls the tissue out of one of her gifts and

Nana should spring for new gift bag tissue

even I have to admit it's disgraceful! The next time one of the neighbor kids comes by with a fundraiser for their school, I am buying a new pack of tissue!

No comments: