January 14, 2010

What's Cookin' - Lemon Meringue Pie and Chicken Stir Fry

Hubby told me recently that he thinks I love my new phone more than him -- because I pay more attention to it than him.

So I told him, "That's ridiculous! I love you both the same!"

There is nothing cooler than picking lemons off our tree, zesting and juicing and making ...



my first ever Lemon Meringue Pie! I did not make the crust, but bought a frozen pre-made from the store and baked it. Then filled it with the lightest, yummiest lemon filling. Then took just a few minutes to make meringue. This is Paula Deen's recipe and I could not believe how fast and easy it was to make. I have always shied away from meringue because I thought it looked complicated. Boy, was I wrong.

And it is so delicious!

In my effort to reassure hubby that I really do love him as much as my touch phone, I also made a dinner that he loved -- Stir-Fried Honey-Ginger Chicken with Peppers -- that I saw on Martha Stewart's show last week. It was so good and very healthy ... which was a good thing since we each had two pieces of pie for dessert!!!

This picture is from the MS website. I don't own a wok; just used a really large skillet. Worked like a dream and tasted amazing. I am not a big fan of ginger, but the fresh ginger really made this taste wonderful.

Both of these recipes are definite keepers!

No comments: