from two lovely and very entertaining bloggers ...
If you have not visited their blogs, you are so missing out on a good time - please stop by soon!
With this award comes some duties ... first, I must thank the blogger(s) who honored me. Thanks so much to In the Military and On the Move and Veteran Kindergarden Teacher. I am thrilled to be recognized and promise not to disappoint.
Second, I must tell you 7 things about me ...
- I cannot iron. It's not that I mind ironing, but I am really bad at it. Early in our marriage, I pressed one of Hubby's dress shirts and *gasp* *oh no* *horrors* double-creased a sleeve. You'd have thought I went after him with an ice pick or something. Ever since then, I am not allowed to iron anything of his and, most of the time, when I am pressing something of my own to wear, he will take the iron away from me and do it properly so that I don't embarrass anyone, meaning him. Which, when you really think about it, is not such a bad thing!
- All my life, I have eaten cold cereal for breakfast. My day just doesn't get started without a bowl of cereal ... Honey Nut Cheerios, Cranberry Almond Crunch, Quaker Oatmeal Squares and Frosted Mini-Wheats are my current favorites.
- Although I have been camping, and enjoyed it, I am really not a sleep on the ground in a tent kind of woman. Hubby learned long ago that when he says the word vacation, I am not picturing a campground, but a real bed with high thread count sheets, sitting by the water with a book, and some lovely chef in a restaurant preparing my meals.
- But speaking of campgrounds, when we sit around a fire and toast marshmallows, I like to catch mine on fire, let it burn for a second, then blow it out. This makes the outside all crispy and caramelized and the inside is runny and, well, marshmallowy.
- I just love going out to the movies. Although we have pretty much kept Redbox in business lately, when we go out to the theater, there is that one moment when the lights are going down and the movie is starting that I get a little thrill just being there. Being entertained with a good movie is so much fun!
- Even though I absolutely love Christmas, my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Food, family, friends and fun make it perfect. I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I always go for the big honkin' turkey because it's just as much work to cook a 10-pounder as it is to do a 25-pounder. And there are such wonderful things you can do with the leftovers!
- I am extremely mechanically challenged. If I know what I'm doing on the computer or driving the car, all is good. But the minute anything quits working or freezes up, the sirens go off and I lose my mind. It is not pretty and Hubby usually has to talk me down with something alcoholic.
http://whisperingwriter.blogspot.com/ Airing My Dirty Laundry, One Sock at a Time
http://nursieinpink.blogspot.com/ Nursie in Pink
http://oursuburbancottage.blogspot.com/ Our Suburban Cottage, chic on a shoestring
http://www.thethingaboutdaisies.com/ The Thing About Daisies
http://www.recapturedcharm.com/ Recaptured Charm
http://alittletoocrazytobecool.blogspot.com/ A Little Too Crazy to be Cool
http://lemontreecreations.blogspot.com/ Lemon Tree Creations
http://tightwadmomsfrugalforum.blogspot.com/ Tightwad Mom's Frugal Forum
http://inspiredgiftsblog.blogspot.com/ Inspired Gifts Blog
http://savvystitcher.blogspot.com/ Savvy Stitcher
http://lisaschaos.com/ Lisa's Chaos
http://simplysingleserving.blogspot.com/ Simply Single Serving
http://lifesolovely.com/ A Life So Lovely
Fourth and last, I must contact each of these amazing bloggers to let them know they are a Versatile Blogger! This I will be working on ...