April 29, 2011

Oh, the Hats!!!

I haven't been caught up in the pre-Royal Wedding excitement, but I did DVR it and just finished watching it. Fabulous!

Kate and William look so genuinely happy. Someone mentioned during the broadcast that they have known each other for 9 years and they've also been living together. Good for them ... no surprises. A girl I worked with many years ago went on her honeymoon and was shocked at some of the things her new hubby did once they were together, like squirting the toothpaste directly into his mouth instead of putting it on the toothbrush. If that was the worst of it, then they're probably still happily married, but the point is, the royal couple must know each other's quirks and habits by now.

I have to admit, I find all of the pomp and circumstance breathtaking. The handsome uniforms ...


Kate's elegant dress and isn't her sister a stunner (love the name Pippa) ...


The bridesmaids and pageboys ...


The incredible Westminster Abbey ...


My least favorite part of the whole thing were the bells ringing prior to the ceremony. I have a hard time separating background noise from talking (I detest loud restaurants and bars) and it was extremely difficult to hear the details being discussed by Katie Couric and the others ...


My absolute favorite part? The hats, the hats, the hats ...


Putting on a fancy hat is just so much fun and we really don't get too many opportunities to do it up this way anymore. That kind of elegance seems to have disappeared with JFK and Jackie O.

As I watched the wedding, I kept thinking about Diana and how sad it is that she wasn't here to celebrate this special occasion with her family.


But they're off to an exciting start. Wishing the royal couple true happiness and long lasting love!

10 comments:

Tightwad Mom said...

I do love a good Royal Wedding!!!! I mooned over Diana's wedding 30 years ago, and have caught myself doing it again this time! I wish that hats were still in vogue here in the U.S. Nothing looks nicer than a lady in a pretty dress AND a fabulous hat!

Liz Mays said...

They most definitely look happy!

Dazee Dreamer said...

Now why didn't I think to record it. duh.

I think they are a really cute couple, and it was nice to see that they are in love. Unlike their parents were.

I thought Posh's hat was awesome. And I loved Kates dress. wow.

heavenisabookstore said...

Can you believe that hat that looks like a big bow on drugs?? lol Cracks me up. I thought the vows were incredibly romantic.

Loren said...

You nailed it! The Hats Stole the Show ;)~
Wouldn't it have been fun to see all the countless women trying on all the hats and then find "The one!"


Happy Weekend :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Me too, I loved the hats. Well I loved everything about the day. I just couldn't get enough of it! I think I may just have to get me a little hat when I'm in London.
Speaking of toothpaste I heard that Charlies has never put his own on the toothbrush, it is done for him. Yes, William and Catherine have a great start for their marriage.

Duchess said...

Loved the wedding and all the hype and beauty! Those hats are amazing albeit not ones I can pull off :)

I loved her dress and it made me terribly excited about my own wedding coming up!

Snowcatcher said...

Believe it or not, nearly a week later, this is the first time I've seen any photos other than the kiss and the little girl with her hands over her ears. Thank you for enabling me to see what I missed! I, too, frequently thought of Diana for weeks leading up to the wedding, wishing she could have been here for it. I do think Kate has Diana's grace.

Baby Sister said...

I recorded it too and loved watching it. They looked so happy together and so in love, it was awesome. :) I loved loved loved her dress. So stunning!!

Baby Sister said...

Oh, and my heart hurt for Diana.