July 28, 2009

Sampler Afghan - Square One

Sampler Afghan Squares Booklet

I found a very nice booklet at Jo-Ann's titled "60 Easy-To-Knit Pattern Stitches Combine to Create Sampler Afghans," by Leisure Arts. Of course, there are 60 beautiful afghan squares to knit that you sew together to create an afghan. Each complete piece is about 12" square and they suggest putting 20 squares together to create an afghan approximately 48" x 60".

Imitation Lattice Afghan Square

I had some leftover yarn from one of the Weekend Retreat Cardis to start with and have made the first square -- #21 Imitation Lattice. The design is pretty and lush.

I think I'll do additional squares in either two or three colors for the entire afghan, maybe adding a chocolate brown and/or a cream color with the sage green. Or I could just use up all my scraps and make it a patchwork style in various colors. I'm gonna have to think about this.

This little guy, a gecko about 2" long, was inside the house near the back door this morning. He's so tiny, he probably just came through a crack around the door. Glad I saw him before the Yorkies did. I once saw them terrorizing a gecko and when I shrieked, Louie picked it up and ran through the doggie door with it in his mouth. Ewww, ewwww, ewwwww!

Baby Gecko

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Those geckos are great on salads....

jayaycee said...

Crunchy and nutty!