August 10, 2009

Yay! My Weekend Retreat Cardi is Done!

My Weekend Retreat Cardi

I am so thrilled to be done and have something for myself to wear!!! I really do love this flecked yarn. I noticed at the store last week that in addition to Black, it also comes in Coffee (brown), Claret (burgundy), Buff (beige), White, Spa (light) Blue and Frosty (light) Green. It's 100% acrylic so it wears well and washes nicely, and it's very affordable Red Heart yarn.

I found these cute buttons that have a woven look to them.

Close up of cute button

My youngest sister has requested a long-sleeved shrug for her birthday in this same yarn. Although I have a few good candidates, I am still looking for just the right pattern. I think one with a shawl collar would be nice. Can't wait to get started!

2 comments:

Sara said...

GORGEOUS!

jayaycee said...

I can't wait to wear it. It's still 111 degrees out there so will have to wait a few months.